Emmanuel is a vibrant Christ-centered community convinced and convicted that every person is called and claimed to participate in God’s BIG STORY.
Every person at Emmanuel is a GIFT. Our mission is that every person at Emmanuel has been sent to us by God and is called to Grow In their Faith Together (GIFT) while they are a part of our church family. Achieving this mission involves at least four activities: Worship, Fellowship, Education and Service. Our goal is to provide rich opportunities for you within each of these four activities.
Here are some of these opportunities for your engagement, growth and service. They are listed under three broad headings:
- Educational Opportunities,
- Support Ministry Opportunities,
- Service Ministry Opportunities.
For more information about our Adult Ministry please contact:
Rev. Dr. Rick Bliese, Associate Pastor
Three separate classes meet every Sunday before and after worship.
Fellowship groups that meet once a month in January, February, March and April.
House Bible studies and groups that meet regularly in various homes.
A popular once-a-year weekend retreat in February for families.
A program of lectures on the connection between faith, work, and economics on Mondays at 10:00 a.m. in February and March.
Thursday Bible studies that focus in on the Bible texts for the upcoming Sunday. Bonus Bible studies are also periodically offered after these sessions on specific topics.
Periodic lectures or all-day retreat in the spring and fall that focus in on the connection between Faith, Work, and Economics.
English classes for those whose primary language isn’t English.
This series of classes is offered twice a year for those with questions about Emmanuel and membership.
This series of classes covers the basics of Christian discipleship.
Support Ministry Opportunities
The pastoral team provides care and support for Emmanuel members. For all inquiries, contact the office or fill out the information form in the pews.
- Grief Group: Have you lost a loved one? This group meets twice a month, on the first and third Wednesdays to support each other and share stories.
- AA (Alcoholic Anonymous): This local chapter meets at church every day from Monday to Saturday.
- SAG (Sex Anonymous): This group meets twice a week at church.
- COSA (Circles of Support and Accountability): This group meets twice a week at church.
- Gamanon: This group meets every Monday at church.
- Gambler Anonymous: This group meets every Monday at church.
- Overeaters: This group meets every Sunday at church.
- Starability: This group meets every Wednesday at church.
For more information, contact:
Service Ministry Opportunities
Emmanuel loves its choir. Other members enjoy serving as ushers, readers, acolytes and communion assistants on Sunday.
Contact Joyce Finlay for details on how you might participate in worship at Emmanuel (239) 261-0894.
Serving six key ministries within our local community. Here is a list of some of these organizations.
Volunteer days are sponsored by Emmanuel Park Community where church members and local community members come together to beautify the Park and surrounding area. Projects may include landscaping, mulching, and picking up trash at the Park and along Oil Well road.
Volunteering will take place varied days throughout the year.
For more information, please contact Deacon Dee-Anne Schleutker at email@example.com
Program to promote English language with many immigrants in our community.
Assisting children with their homework after school.
Assisting children with special needs.