POSITION: Audio/Visual Coordinator (Part-time, 10 hr. per wk., Non-Exempt) SALARY: $23-27 per hour
Supervisor will: Deacon Jim
Position Purpose: It is important to note this position is more than a “gig”. Worshiping God with all that we have is imperative, no matter the role. In addition to technical responsibilities, the Audio/Visual Coordinator is responsible for setting the spiritual tone for the Technical Ministry. The Audio/Visual Technician must be highly reliable and always on time for scheduled events. Be spiritually prepared in addition to technically prepared for their role in worship. Positive, humble, cooperative, and willing attitudes are imperative. The Audio/Visual Coordinator’s ultimate goal is to ensure that services and events on the MLD campus can utilize technology efficiently, effectively, and strategically to enhance the experience of those attending. Good communication is a must.
Responsibilities: The Audio/Visual Coordinator shall: Provide technical support for worship services and all events at the Mooring Line Dr. Campus.
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support This includes (but not limited to):
- Audio mixing, monitor mixing, and audio recording (knowledge of current equipment)
- Lighting production
- Switching with multiple cameras
- Video recording, and live streaming production
- Create and run ProPresenter/PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare equipment for rehearsals, worship services and all
- Initiate successful communication with Pastors, Director of Music & Worship, ministry staff leaders, and event coordinators to help facilitate a/v
- Work alongside and coordinate responsibilities with the Worship staff, lay and Pastoral Staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that every worship service and event at Emmanuel Lutheran Church is vibrant, distraction- free, and technically well
- Recruit, train, equip, schedule, and lead a/v volunteers on assignment for events and
- Update and maintain production technologies to ensure that technologies are in working order, make suggestion of future purchases, and be involved in technical
- Oversee video production for worship services, including: capturing, live streaming, editing, and uploading to
- Enhance, expand, and maximize the efficiency of the video aspect of our technical
Qualifications: The Audio/Visual Coordinator must support the ministry of Emmanuel Lutheran Church. This individual’s commitment to Christ will be evidenced in his/her personal life, family relationships, and ministry. His/her daily walk with God will be an example to others with which he/she interacts.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn of audio systems specifically “digital mixers such as Yamaha QL and CL series, Allen and Heath Q-2”, Aviom personal mixing and other partner applications that connect with those digital
- Knowledge or willingness to learn wireless microphone technology and maintenance (including battery and cable maintenance, wind screens for summer, )
- Detailed knowledge of live and streaming video environments including video switcher with multiple cameras, computer-graphics and
- Ideal candidate is highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and
- Possess a teachable spirit and collaborate well in a team
- Very strong organizational abilities and excellent attention to
- Ability to be flexible in an environment that is subject to spur of the moment change and possess a “whatever it takes”
- Must have broad hands-on experience with technology in a modern worship production
- Formal training in production or related
- Willingness to learn and to expand
- Ability to train, inspire and motivate teams of volunteers and leaders.
The position of Audio/Visual Coordinator requires flexibility in hours. The normal routine will be every Sunday at the Mooring Line Drive campus from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM (5 hours), then the remaining (5 hours) per week, will be dedicated to coordinating and preparing for upcoming events and special projects.
There will also be special events such as Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Advent services, Lenten services, funerals, weddings etc.
If Interested, Email Deacon Jim Cooper at
Jim@naplesemmanuel.org (Please do not call the church in regards to this position.)
Please include resume.
Community Care Coordinator
The Community Care Coordinator Description
The Community Care Coordinator serves as the primary liaison to Emmanuel Lutheran Church and our local community. The Community Care Coordinator provides visitation, support groups and short-term counseling. The Community Care Coordinator provides a unique alliance between faith, spiritual care, and health, functioning collaboratively with the pastoral team and Stephen Ministers to approach these important needs at Emmanuel and in the community. The Community Care Coordinator organizes pastoral visits, oversees visitation needs, and makes sure that Emmanuel members are getting the care and personal support that’s required.
Responsibilities of the Community Care Coordinator
- Provides care to families of Emmanuel and its communities
- Recruits and develops care volunteers
- Leads specific care groups and health care needs at Emmanuel and in the community, including a grief group and health Initiatives. This activity would include exploring such opportunities out at Emmanuel Park.
- Oversee and facilitate pastoral visitation needs together with the pastoral staff
- Participate in staff (bi-monthly) meetings
- Be present and accessible for Emmanuel members; be available to attend worship services on Sunday morning including periodic visits to Emmanuel Park Church.
- Organize care opportunities. Keep a thorough list of pastoral care and visitation needs plus ensure accurate, timely response to communication requests (Phone, email, texts, etc.).
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Requirements of the Community Care Coordinator
- Experience serving in a pastoral or lay ministry setting.
- Master’s Level education (or equivalent experience)
- Clinical pastoral education or Parish Nurse training would be beneficial.
- Bi-lingual skills are desirable (English and Spanish)
The Perfect Candidate…
- Models a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Emmanuel Lutheran Church and its members.
- Reflects a desire to care and support people
- Embraces the mission of Emmanuel.
- Builds networks of care within the community.
- Highly organized and takes initiative
Position Type: Part-time
Hours per Week: 20
Supervisor: Pastor Rick Bliese
Salary Range: $ 25.00 an hour
If Interested, Email Deacon Theresa Shaw at
Theresa@naplesemmanuel.org (Please do not call the church in regards to this position.)
Please include resume.