Welcome to Emmanuel’s Youth and Family Ministry. Our mission is to build a Christ centered community of young people where God’s Spirit transforms their lives – as we together worship, learn, love, share and serve. Every year the programs and activities for our youth and families looks a little different, but the underlying goals remain the same. Thanks for taking the time to look over this information and if there is anything I can do to help you and your family, please give me a call, or send me an email.
God bless you,
Our Faith Formation
John Roberto’s book Generations Together, he says that faith formation informs, forms and transforms people in a robust, vital, and life-giving faith. It is a faith that is holistic: a way of the head, the heart, and the hands.
Our goal and prayer for all our young people at Emmanuel is that by “being involved” every participant will:
- Know that faith is a journey lived in a community which shares joy, pain, and lives life prayerfully.
- Experience scripture as a living example of the ongoing, faithful promise of God.
- Experience Jesus as the pioneer, perfector and model of a faithful life.
- Experience the Holy Spirit as the very real and very mysterious presence of God at work in the world.
- Intentionally think and talk about the joys and challenges of living a life of faith.
- Think about their gifts and talents and how they can be used to love and serve the world.
Ways to Get Involved
- SUNDAY MORNING HIGH SCHOOL FAITH CONNECTION
Weekly relevant and engaging faith formation class for all High school students. 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- SUNDAY MORNING MIDDLE SCHOOL FAITH CONNECTION
Weekly relevant and engaging faith formation class for all middle school students. 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Students are invited into confirmation in the winter of their 6th grade year and are confirmed in the fall of their 9th grade year. This dynamic program teaches the core elements of our Christian faith and get students involved in the life of the church prior to being confirmed. (Orientation Packets are available.)
- SERVICE PROJECTS
Every month we strive to have a service project in which youth and/or youth and families can participate.
- YOUTH & FAMILY OUTINGS
Every month we strive to have a fun youth and/or youth and family event.
- DAY TRIPS
Usually twice a year we have special day trips to Tampa or Orlando. We always attend the “Rock the Universe” event in September.
- WEEKEND RETREAT
Every year, usually in February we have an annual Family Weekend Retreat off-site at a beautiful retreat center near Tampa Florida. All Are Welcome!
- SUMMER CAMPS & MISSION TRIPS
Every year we carefully plan out a summer trip for our youth. It is either an awesome camp experience in central Florida, or North Carolina, or a mission trip experience, or a trip to the ELCA Youth Gathering.
- ADULT PARENT VOLUNTEERS
We can always use your help.