The mission statement of Emmanuel is:
A Christ-centered community where God’s Spirit transforms/guides our lives as we worship, learn, love, share and serve.
The above mission statement has served this congregation for several years, yet we continue to discover that the words themselves do not reveal the endless stories of those who make up this community of faith.
Perhaps it is best to return to the words of Christ himself, recorded in the New Testament from the Gospel of John:
34I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. 35By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Hopefully by visiting Emmanuel you’ll realize that we as a church are always learning and growing together, assisting one another, in the hope that every person realizes he/she is endowed with God-given gifts to be used for the common good of the community around us, knowing that others carry beliefs that may be different from ours. We want you to be able to make connections with your faith Sunday and beyond, each day of the week!
1. To make disciples of Jesus Christ within Emmanuel Lutheran Church and the surrounding community through:
- Biblically-based preaching and teaching
- Application of the sacraments in a variety of worship settings
- Provision of a wide range of discipleship ministries
2. To sustain an open and inclusive environment within the church that encourages and supports relationship building between current members while openly inviting and welcoming people from the surrounding community.
3. To equip and mobilize Emmanuel’s members to use their time, skills and spiritual gifts to serve others through active participation in Emmanuel’s mission, outreach and caring ministries.
4. To sustain financial health and growth in giving in support of the ministries of the church through:
- Giving to annual ministries
- Giving to capital needs
- Giving to the foundation/endowment fund
5. To enable the achievement of Emmanuel’s ministry goals through the provision of functional, accessible and abundant facilities.